MAC1140, Pre Calculus
2.3 Review of Functions
2.7 Piecewise Defined Functions
3.2 Polynomial Functions
3.3 Division of Polynomials and the Remainder and Factor Theorems. See pdf.
3.4 Zeros of Polynomials. See Finding zeros by Lumen.
3.5 Rational Functions
3.6 Polynomial and Rational Inequalities
See Horizontal Asymptotes and Intercepts from Lumen
Allan Hancock College, Asymptotes: handout
5/18 Q&A01 + Test 1 Using ALEKS.
Test open during class hours, 3:10-6:30 pm
Download & Install lockdown browser (ALEKS)
4.1 Inverse Functions. Notes from MCC.
4.2 Exponential Functions. Notes from FIU.
4.3 Logarithmic Functions.
4.4 Properties of Logarithms. Summary from Western Orgeon Univ.
4.5 Exponential and Logarithmic Equations and Applications.
5/25 Q&A02 + Test 2 Online Using ALEKS
10.1 Solving Systems of Linear Equations Using Matrices
10.2 Inconsistent Systems and Dependent Equations
10.3 Operations on Matrices
10.4 Inverse Matrices and Matrix Equations
10.5 Determinants and Cramer’s Rule.
Notes on Matrices.
6/01 Q&A03 + Test 3 Online Using ALEKS
11.1 The Ellipse
11.2 The Hyperbola
11.3 The Parabola
Conics, summary | Conics by Stewart.
6/8 Q&A04 + Test 4 Online Using ALEKS
12.1 Sequences and Series
12.2 Arithmetic Sequences and Series
12.3 Geometric Sequences and Series
12.4 Mathematical Induction
12.5 The Binomial Theorem
Mathematical induction at themathpage.com
6/15 Q&A05 + Test 5 Online Using ALEKS
6/17 Final Online Using ALEKS
- Recognize characteristics of graphs of polynomial functions
- Use factoring to ﬁnd zeros of polynomial functions
- Zeros, End Behavior, and Turning Points
- Understand the relationship between degree and turning points
- Determine end behavior
- Use the Linear Factorization Theorem to find polynomials with given zeros
- Use Descartes’ Rule of Signs
- Introduction to Systems of Linear Equations: Three Variables
- Solving Systems of Three Equations in Three Variables
- Inconsistent and Dependent Systems in Three Variables
Table of Content
- Introduction to Sequences and Series
- Arithmetic Sequences and Series
- Geometric Sequences and Series
- Binomial Theorem